Skip to main content

FAQ Group: International students

I am a Lithuanian living abroad and I want to apply to a Lithuanian university/college. Can I get an additional point? What proofs do I have to submit?

One supplementary point is awarded to Lithuanians living abroad if they have lived or studied abroad for at least three years. To get one supplementary point you have to submit a letter/certificate issued by a competent institution (embassy, community of Lithuanians, etc.) or any other document certifying your Lithuanian origin and a document issued by a competent institution (school, municipality, embassy, etc.) certifying that you have lived abroad for at least three years. The above documents must be written in Lithuanian, English or Russian. However, if these documents are in another language, please upload certified full translations of the documents into Lithuanian, English or Russian.

Am I eligible to apply for a state funded place at a university/college if I have completed secondary school education outside Lithuania?

International students from outside Lithuania can be admitted to state funded places in Lithuanian universities/colleges or apply for scholarships via a competitive admission process in the manner laid down in the law and provided that they are:

1. citizens / family members of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other countries in the European Union and the European Economic Area;

2. non-EU/EEA nationals or stateless persons holding a permanent Lithuanian residence permit;

3. Lithuanians living abroad.

If the above criteria are not satisfied, foreign nationals and stateless persons are accepted to universities/colleges via a competitive admission process to study at their own expense.

I have completed secondary school education outside Lithuania and I wish to study in Lithuania. What steps do I have to take?

To apply to Lithuanian universities/colleges you have to:

1. contact the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (hereinafter referred to as the SKVC) for recognition of international education qualifications and assessment of subject equivalence (contact details: A. Goštauto g. 12, Vilnius, tel. (+370 5) 210 4772, email;

2. take a Lithuanian language test if the language of instruction of your preferred course is Lithuanian (unless you have a proof of Lithuanian language proficiency issued by a competent institution);

3. submit your application in our online system;

4. take the entrance examination (if required for your preferred study programmes);

5. attach copies of required documents to your application by the indicated deadline.

Call us
+370 37 280400
Write to us:
higher education admissions
vocational training admissions
General issues
Press officer
+370 685 91460
Studentų g. 54, LT-51424, Kaunas
I-IV  08:00-17:00
 V     08:00-15:45
  • © LAMA BPO
  • Processing of personal data
  • Cookie policy